Neighborhoods can no longer be thought of as individuals with many needs and problems, but rather as diverse groups of individuals with many gifts and assets. Every neighborhood has a unique set of skills and capacities that can be utilized for community development. Most neighborhoods address social and economic problems with only a small amount of their total capacity. SCHC’s goal is to engage everyone; everyone has something to offer! SCHC seeks to care for the whole person. True transformation occurs when every resident has access to opportunities that encourage hope and ensure their self-sufficiency.
The Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center seeks to transform the community by sharing the love of Christ in word and deed, to facilitate community development and holistic healthcare through the empowerment of the residents in the community.
Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center exists:
- To care for the whole person, emphasizing physical, spiritual, psychological and social care;
- To care for the community, utilizing community healthcare principles;
- To care for the self-worth of every individual living in the community, helping them to recognize they are made in God’s image with gifts and talents to serve their community;
- To care for the transformation of the community by uplifting the leaders of the community, who will embrace their vision and take ownership of their programs;
- To care for a partnership that allows the community and community leaders to walk alongside Christians living outside the community to serve God together to transform the neighborhood in all aspects of community life;
- To show the Love of Christ as we are commanded to do in Matthew 25, “whatever you did for the last of these…overcome hunger, thirsty, sick…you did for me.”
The core values that guide everything we do are:
- To serve our community by providing high quality healthcare;
- To respect, value and serve each other and our community;
- To be distinctive in providing innovative strategies that support neighborhood transformation; and
- To operate with integrity so as to be deserving of the community’s trust and support.
Why Choose Us?
We have a variety of providers and offer same-day or call-in appointments. You are the most important member of your healthcare team, and we are here to work with you to improve your health.
Whole Person Care
We care for your total health to make sure you are getting the care you need – physically, mentally and spiritually. Our team is here to help you on your journey to your best health.
Excellent Standards of Care
We use evidence-based guidelines to provide you with the highest quality care.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
A patient centered medical home (PCMH) is a delivery model that puts the patient first. As a PCMH, we partner with you to help you get the health care you need when you need it. There are five main characteristics of a PCMH:
- Comprehensive Care
- We provide whole person care- physical, mental, dental, spiritual and community.
- Patient Centered
- We want to understand your unique health needs and work with you on the best care plan for you.
- Coordinated Care
- We help you make specialist appointments and diagnostic tests, transition from a hospital, link you with community resources and help you get through a complicated health care system.
- Easy Access
- We offer late hours, same day appointments, and an after hours call line.
- Quality and Safety
- We are always working to provide you with the highest quality care.