WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
Thank you for your interest in the Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center and your desire to partner with us as we seek to minister to the Shawnee neighborhood in the name of Jesus. We have several areas in which you will have an opportunity to serve your neighbor.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! Below are opportunities for you to review and decide how you would like to support SCHC. Some of these options have more tasks than others. However, tasks will vary from day to day, and not all need to be completed every day.
- Greet patients
- Verify their phone number, address, photo id, etc.
- Assist with answering phones and putting calls on hold for staff to pick up; make copies, send faxes, scan documents
- Greet patients
- Assist with any paperwork questions
- Keep the lobby clean and orderly
- Offer water to waiting patients
- Share with them upcoming events/surveys/programs available in the neighborhood
- Escort checked-in patients to the nurses’ station
- Assist with triage, including blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.
- Direct patients to assigned exam room
- Assist with communications between front desk and nurses’ station
- Make paper copies of all required patient paperwork
- Re-stock exam rooms with necessary items
- Wipe down exam room and nurses’ station areas
- Keep exam room and nurses’ station tidy
- Help fill out paper work
- Call patients who did not show for their appointments
- Document the reasons why patients do not keep their appointments
- Inform patients the importance of keeping their appointments and calling to reschedule if something comes up
- Reschedule during the call-back if possible
- Pray with patients who request prayer through providers or staff
- Ask if they would like to be followed up with; keep a list with contact information and make follow up calls during next shift
- Call patients who left requests in the prayer box and either pray with them or let them know they have been prayed for
- Keep a list of all staff members including those at the schools to pray for while waiting for patients to pray with
- Write encouraging letters to the staff or previous patients they prayed with
- Assist with preparing for events, including making copies and packing giveaways
- Assist at outreach events by greeting people who come by the booth, share information on SCHC services, schedules, locations, etc., help with set-up and tear-down
- Assist with advertising/marketing upcoming events
- Assist with planning, scheduling, hosting, and leading educational events
- Shawnee Neighborhood Association Community Garden:
- Assist with general garden maintenance (weeding, planting, watering, etc.)
- Distribute produce to patients
- Coordinate volunteers & work days
- Fax records request for referral appointments
- Call facilities who have not responded to faxes
- Scan paperwork
- Call facilities to set up appointments
- Call patients to relay their appointment information
Please be assured that you will receive the appropriate level of training to help you feel as comfortable as possible with completing your assigned work. Once you have chosen your area of interest, please call our Director of Community Engagement at 502-778-0001 to request a volunteer packet. You will need to complete and return the required documents. We will process your background check. When this process is completed, we will contact you to create your schedule and choose a start date. We look forward to having you on the SCHC team!